I hope that you had a refreshing, invigorating and productive summer. I know that I am anticipating the 2011-2012 school year. I hope you are as excited as well. I find myself feeding off of the energy of the kids when we are in the building and I truly miss that during the summer time! I have lots of ideas and projects that I can't wait to share with you this year at York Elementary.
I can't wait to get the year kicked off next week and hope that we can do some amazing things regarding the use of technology in your classroom and at York Elementary. I have composed a "list" of things that I would like you to do over the next couple of days so that we can get the year rolling as smoothly as possible.
I know you will be busy this week, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could do the following before you leave Friday:
1. Turn on your LCD projector to make sure it is working.
2. Power up your SMART Board and check to see that your pens are working, orient your SMART Board, then proceed to an interactive website that you have used in class to make sure the touch pad is working.
3. Write down any computer issues you are having and send them in an ODIE ticket as soon as possible.
4. Take time to look through my Diigo library and see if there is anything that might assist you in your classroom. If you are interested in setting up a Diigo account, I would love to help you!
5. Go to this Google Doc and list three things that you would like to learn this year that pertain to technology and how it will benefit you in the classroom. (Edmodo, Schoology, Twitter, etc.)
I look forward to working with each of you this year and want to make integrating technology into your classroom as fluid as possible.