It's hard to believe the 100th day of school is here! Where has the time gone? Here's a simple little project we did today in 1st-grade. Here's what our workflow looked like:
- I downloaded the AgingBooth app on my iPad and created an image for each student, being sure to save each one to my camera roll. While I had each student come to me individually, other students were busily working on the writing piece on a piece of paper that their teacher had given them. The writing prompt was, "When I am 100..."
- When I had created an image for all of the students, I created a new folder in Google Drive. I then uploaded each of the images into the folder.
- I shared the folder with the classroom teacher.
- We printed the pictures from Google Drive and had the students cut out their pictures so they would better fit on their piece of paper.
- Students pasted their pictures on their writing sheets.
The students really enjoyed this activity! It was fun listening to all of the laughter in the classroom.
It was such a fun and easy way to incorporate technology into a writing activity. I did most of the technology in this activity, but one could easily have students use the app, then post it in Kidblog or Seesaw.